I’m way overdue for a post, aren’t I?
What’s been happening:
- Enjoyed the holidays, seeing more of 2 of my 3 kids during their semester breaks
- Went to Philadelphia for the NASIG board meeting
- Snow again
- Caught up on my professional blog reading
- Trying a new way (well, new to me) to manage the email inbox, which I mentioned in my Dec. 27 post
- this has been pretty successful but all I can say is thank goodness my work email client has filtering, which allows certain email to go directly to folders I’ve set up so they essentially are “action” items
- this may work just fine until I go out of town for more than 2-3 days!
- Completed my own self-evaluation and evaluations on 3 individuals I supervise:1 more to go!
- More snow and bitter cold (wind chills below zero!)
- Read 6 reappointment portfolios
- the committee met today; we have until Tuesday to turn in our written comments
- Walking through Verde workflows and not too thrilled with all the steps in the acquisitions part of the process
- Signed off (finally!) on the Libraries’ summary statistics for FY07; had one meeting to prep for the ACRL Survey
- Prepared a continuations budget update for the Budget Team but we’ve had some invoices for titles migrated to online-only slip through the cracks – serials staff are tracking those down now
- Attended a number of HR sessions and the university department heads’ retreat
- Met with a group of faculty and students from Kabul University. K-State has an Afghanistan initiative that includes faculty exchanges. This group is spending anywhere from 6 months to 2 years at K-State.
- Did I mention that we had snow?
- Filed my federal and state income taxes!
- Moved my Star Wars website to a WordPress blog and added a few new entries
- Explored B&B options for my trip to the UK later this year! Booked my flight! Woo-hoo!
And on that note, I’ll close. I’m sure I’ve left off a few hundred things though I doubt you’d be interested in any more minutiae!