It’s the middle of January! I’ve been busy on the homefront with family matters. (May I use that as an excuse for not posting?) I took off a couple of extra days this month (Jan 5-6) in order to have more quality time with visiting family, so that put me behind a couple of days at work. Last week was email catch up, tracking down & paying invoices, working on licenses, inputting information in Verde. This week – more of the same! Next week – you guessed it – ditto!
Work will continue to get more hectic:
- prepping for NASIG board meeting
- NASIG org sponsorships heating up
- NASIG Unconference preparation
- continuations analysis review may eat up lots of time
- all evaluations written: need to set up meetings with staff
- major budget issues
- the provost & others visit us next week for an update
- governor’s budget just came out yesterday: it doesn’t sound as bad as we expected but it’s still early in the process
- reorganization talks continue
- we officially lost one staff member in CatSer last week; 2 or 3 retirements expected by Sept. 1 and we have a hiring freeze – it’s good we’re talking reorganization & rethinking the work we need to do in the near future
- we survived the Voyager upgrade
- booked my flights for UKSG at the end of March
- my sabbatical has been approved!!!!!!!!!!!!
I’m tired. Can I go on sabbatical now??? : )